- HYDRO-G5 Semi Flex Water Isolation Product provides labor & time advantage due to it’s easy preparation and application features.
- Provides high adhesion, durability and water isolation.
- Provides less consumption at unit area by it’s special formula.
- Provides an ideal economic waterproofing solution without joints under the coating materials by it’s semi-flexible feature.
- Antibacterial, prevents formation of mold-fungus-moss.
- Proper for drinking water tank and pools, conformity certificate is available.
Applied by a roller or brush to provide a high quality, smooth, non-shrink and water proofing surface before coating material application on concrete surfaces which will be used as wet area (kitchen, balcony, bathroom, etc.) as horizontal and vertical at indoors and outdoors.
14 m² / 20 kg + 5 kg set (Application Thickness: 1mm x 1 layers) 7 m² / 20 kg + 5 kg set (Application Thickness: 1mm x 2 layers)
|TS EN 1504 - 2 / 03.2005 Surface Protection Materials / Covering Applications Semi Flex Water Isolation Product
||2.2 (C) , 8.2 (C)
|Reaction To Fire
|Adhesion Strength By Pull-Off
||≥ 0,8 N/mm² Flexible Systems-Non traffic load
|Capilary Water Absorption and Water Permeability
||≤ 0,1 kg/m².h0,5
|Water Vapor Permeability
|Pressurized Water Resistance
||2 bar pozitive (DIN 1048)
|Time Required For Upper Application
- Application surface should be clean, sound and free from dust.
- Adhesion barrier materials (oil, dirt, dust, etc.) should be cleaned, cement-mortar residues should be scraped.
- Gaps and cracks on surface should be repaired with G-REPAIR-1200 or G-REPAIR-800 repair mortars at least 1 day before the application.
- If needed, surface should be cleaned with water, excess water should be removed.
- PRIMER-ST primer should be used at least 1 hour before application to reduce water absorption of the surface and to provide better adhesion.
20 kg HYDRO-G5 powder component is added on 5 kg HYDRO-L5 liquid component by sprinkling.
Mortar is blended by a low speed mixer to ensure that there are no lumps in it. Mortar is rested for 3 minutes to mature and mixed again before application.
Prepared HYDRO-G5 mortar is applied to the corners and joints with a small brush as a thin layer. Waterproofing tape is placed to the corners and joints, then it is embeded in the fresh mortar by gently pressing by the brush.
After taping is finished, HYDRO-G5 mortar is applied as 1 mm on the surface in one direction brush strokes as 1st layer by a roller or brush. If application area is bigger than 5 m², flex THERMMESH-A1 glass-fiber mesh is placed on the mortar while 1st layer mortar surface is still fresh. Mesh is embeded on fresh mortar by gently pressing with a brush or roller. To prevent crack formation, glass-fiber mesh should be placed as endpoints min. 10 cm overlapped. To prevent crack formation at corners and joints, mesh should be applied with a 1 cm overlay on the edge of the waterproofing tape.
After 6 hours from 1st layer application (before surface completely dry), prepared HYDRO-G5 mortar is applied on the entire surface in reverse direction brush strokes with a 1 mm thickness as 2nd layer. If 1st layer surface is dry, it should be humidified before 2nd layer application. During the application, make sure that there is no space, hole or area without mortar at surface. Make sure that every mortar layer covers the application surface completely. After setting time is completed, surface becomes ready for other applications on it. A coating material (ceramic, etc.) should be applied on HYDRO-G5 surface by using minimum C2 type tile adhesive, product surface shouldn’t be exposed to long term external effects.
Ambient and surface temperature should be between +5 ̊C and +30 ̊ during the application.
Any additional material (such as lime, cement, gypsum etc.) should not be added in to prepared mortar.
Mortar should not be applied on frozen, melting or within 24 hours danger of frost surfaces.
Hardened-set mortar should not be used by adding water and mixing again.
Mortar should not be applied on unsound and loose surfaces.
Surface should be protected from direct sunlight, extreme wind and rain during and after the application.